Sunday, September 2, 2018

Anti-Play Day

Dear Anonymous Reader,

Look...I've got 37 minutes left of the day and I've been racking my brain about what I want to write about PLAY today. Truth is, today was like an anti-play day. In my newly made-up term I've decided that the term "play" in general is something that inspires a lot of smiling and laughing and joy. Well, when a day falls short of any of that and moves the needle back on the "play scale" the term anti-play is the only thing that makes sense.

Quick background about my life right now...I quit my job three months ago because I was having WAY too many bad days. Not bad, like I was angry or mistreated, but bad as in stifled and stressed with anxious undercurrents. So I quit. I quit and have been having SO MANY play days since. I've slept in, read books, gone to the river, to the pool, out with friends, naps (so many naps), and anything else that came to mind. I have been in a state of "playing hooky" and loving it.

There have been a few days when I didn't have entire control of my schedule and I've got to say I'm a little raw at the feeling of disappointment in my day. Really, I think I'm just complaining more than I should because I was hot all day (and I hate being hot) and my feet are swollen and tight! That's it really...I was physically uncomfortable in my pits and my kicks. LOL

I still have 13 minutes left of today...maybe I'll do a foot soak before bedtime and give my feet some bathtime/playtime of their own. :-)

This anti-play thing can always be turned around and a smile put in its place.

Goodnight A.R.!
XO
~ Kel

1 comment:

  1. there is nothing like a good foot soak or a good foot rub! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...