Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Play Money

Dear Anonymous Reader,

Today I pretended I lived my life in a Monopoly game with oodles of play money to blow. I blew it on SHOES! It started out innocently enough...just a quick trip to the Gap for a sweater for my brother in law's birthday next month. Okay, then on to the Baby Gap for a congrats gift for my friend who is having a baby on Friday. Okay, then to Avenue because I have to use up a gift card...then, oh, my sister (and guiding light in shopping and style - of which she has and I do not) looks at my shoes and says, "oh my god, we need to get you new shoes"!

We started and ended at DSW. I buy shoes about once every few years. I am not a fan of shopping. I also like tennis shoes because they are comfy, but not very cute. I needed some non-tennis shoes comfortable enough for errands. I'm not a heels kind of girl.

Long story short, I started with one pair of cute flats and then found myself saying things like, "yea, I need those too; oh those ones for sure; yup, those too, they're so cute; I need some in black, in tan, for skirts"! I had become a shoe monster!

I spent...gulp...over $300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's like totally unheard of for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bough EIGHT PAIRS OF SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister piled them high on top of the covered baby stroller while the little angel was fast asleep inside. Eight...shoes...eight! I had the cash though. I budgeted for some play money/blow money during this month and apparently decided to spend it all on shoes. LOL



"Have a great night, A.R.!", says my feet in stylin' shoes.
XO
Kel

1 comment:

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...