Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Playing Hooky While Unemployed?

Dear Anonymous Reader,

Is it even possible to play hooky when I don't have a job? Even though I haven't had a 9-5 for four months my days have been scheduled and full most of the time. Today I woke up, nothing on the calendar, and thought about what playing hooky would look like for me.

Turns out it looked like driving the backroads of HWY 49 to Apple Hill for an apple donut, some apple wine, and perusing the arts and crafts isles. It was a beautiful day today. After my leisurely time in beautiful Apple Hill I drove to Folsom and walked around the outlet mall for a bit. I even went into the Coach store...a place I have no business being in after my shoe splurge yesterday! LOL! I'm not even a fancy label kinda gal.

 Then I came home, meditated, watched an episode of "Ghost Whisperer" and made dinner. It was very relaxing. And yes...it did feel a little like playing hooky.

So, what are you doing on your hooky day, A.R.?
XO
Kel

1 comment:

  1. Wow, just a day early. I went to Apple Hill Thursday to get apple cider doughnuts and press apple cider. It was great weather and none of those weekend crowds.

    ReplyDelete

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...