Wednesday, October 24, 2018

RT - Day 10 (Kansas to Oklahoma)

O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A....Oklahomaaaaaa...O-K!

Who sang that in their head as they were reading it???? :-) It brings back memories of watching old musicals with my sister and grandma. I swear, we must have watched four or five during each weekend we were there. Come to think of it, it's probably part of why I was drawn to show-pop choir and musical theatre.

Driving through the middle of Kansas actually ended up being a lot more beautiful than it began. I didn't get many pics of the vibrant greens and yellows so this is as good as it gets...



Oklahoma brought fewer trees and more wind. It was pretty uneventful actually. I was wrapped up in my book on tape. This time he fashioned a Danish accent and one of a sixteen year old girl. :-) I think it'd be harder than it seems to be a book on tape reader.

Anyway...I got to my new Airbnb and it was like I stepped into Hipville! Everything here is so cool and fashionable! Me and my stretchy yoga pants feel underdressed. Hahaha! The host is totally hip and has piercings and blue hair that look like he stepped out of a magazine. There is another woman (a travelling nurse) staying in the second room and she has been here for two months already and is staying through December. The life of a travelling nurse must be crazy. We got along instantly...and the most important thing I think she wanted me to know about herself is how much she loooooves shopping at Ross. LOL! Apparently she and my host both love Ross and that's like their thing. I think it's sweet.

I'm listening to the rain outside my bedroom window and enjoying my night in. After two days of driving my butt has gone from round and plump to flat and numb. It's definitely time for some horizontal tonight and some vertical tomorrow.

Besos, everyone!
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...