Tuesday, October 23, 2018

RT - Day 9 (Colorado to Kansas)

Goodbye Colorado!

So Colorado, in general, has this one side that is just beautiful, and then you turn around and it's a flat grid with minimal character. Turn back...beauty...turn around...flat. The second I left the outskirts of Denver I was looking at this...all the way to Kansas.

 
Then a quick goodbye from Colorado as they reminded us, "Hey! Don't forget we do have trees near the Rockies! Don't forget our beauty!"
 
The sign said "Leaving Colorful Colorado"
Those were the only full sized trees around. :-)
Now the drive through Kansas. There were two parts to my drive worth noting:
 
1. I finally started my murder mystery book on tape and got hooked. It's getting better as the story goes on. It is funny though when the author starts to talk like a black man when he's clearly a white guy. It's like he half commits to the jive lingo just enough to get the spirit of the character across, but not enough to offend listeners. LOL. At least that's my take. Then when he talks in a female character's tone it's softer and a little prissy. Again...funny to hear how he interprets the character's voice.
2. I got a text from a guy I sparked with a couple weeks ago, but had to delete his number because I was afraid I'd come on too strong. OMG...you guys know me...I always come on a little strong. Haha! I don't walk into a room and sit in the corner by myself (well, only if something is wrong...and you all know right away anyway so I might as well just get over it). I love you guys.
 
Okay...
1. I already said all I wanted about that.
2. So this guy. Life is so funny and crazy. The night before I met him I was talking to the Universe as I was falling asleep and saying something like, "Universe, I'm not desperate, I just want to know that there is someone out there for me. I want to have my faith in my ability to connect with someone restored. I need my heart to feel excitement for the possibility of romance. Please help." Next day, I saw this cute guy at the pool and purposefully didn't go talk to him because I was making space for the Universe to move and not for me to bulldoze! Anyway, he ended up striking up a conversation and it turns out, that was one of the best conversations with a man I'd had in a while. Probably years. It didn't even matter that he was super handsome (AMAZING smile) and actually asked me questions about myself. We had travel and bites of life in common and when he asked for my number and left I knew I got my answer. My faith in my heart's ability to spark with someone was restored. I ended that great day with the hope I would meet him again, but the grateful feeling for having had my heart stir again. People pass through our lives at just the right time. He passed through mine and I am happy he did. Long story long...I had deleted his number so as not to be too desperate. I thought, hey, if this man is interested then he'll reach out. If not, then that's okay. He gave me a gift without even knowing it. When he texted today...well...I don't need to go into any of that. The point is, life is funny and lovely, and confusing and wonderful, and I think it's crazy how someone we hardly know and just meet can have such impacts in our lives. They don't all have to be big impacts to be noteworthy. So...thank you handsome man from the pool for being you. :-)
 
I checked into my adorable Airbnb where the host put my name on the welcome sign! So cute!
 
 
And then...Kansas had a moment...and it was lovely.
 
 
Good night my sweet friends and family. I love you all! Thank you for impacting my life in all the best ways. I'm so lucky! Truly.
 
XO,
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...