Thursday, October 25, 2018

RT - Day 11 (My Day in OKC)

Howdy cowboys and cowgirls!

It was pretty raining for the first part of the day so I kind of had a morning set back. I woke up, showered, dressed, meditated, undressed, and went back to bed for a nap. Hahaha! So my breakfast turned into lunch.

I drove around the city today humming "Home on the Range" once I saw my first buffalo sculpture in the downtown Oklahoma City area. They were all over and painted beautifully.


Okay...let's get right to it...this city completely lacks in any kind of continuity. If fact, the only thing it has in common are the cracked and uneven roads! It was so interesting. I'd be driving down one road and see all different buildings, one after the other that looked like they had their own thing going on. I'm gunna upload a bunch to show you in a sec. Also, there are 13 different districts!! No wonder OKC felt so awkward.

Here they are:
Adventure District
Arts District
Asian District
Automobile Alley
Boathouse District
Bricktown
Deep Deuce
Midtown
Plaseo Art District
Plaza District
Stockyard City
Uptown 23rd
Western Avenue

And here are some of the different buildings. I would LOVE to have gone on an architecture tour to hear about some of these and where their uniqueness came from. Keep scrolling... :-) The first three were literally right next to each other on the street. I took a pic as I drove down this one block.

Pretty
 
Ugly

Warehouse

Madona's Bra?
 
Spikey
 
I also went to the Oklahoma City Memorial Museum. The museum was well organized in how we flowed through that terrible day in OKC on April 19, 1995. They had video testimonials of survivors, rescuers and the general public who rushed to the scene to help. The last floor of the museum was all about bringing hope and life back to OKC and remembering how Americans came together in tragic times. It was pretty great. The grounds were clean and projected a calming feeling. Another beautiful memorial. Proud to be an American. :-)


Oh! And I passed a Kelley Club and drove down Kelley Street. Apparently they really love me here! And I love their gas prices!! Hahahahaha! Me and the gas!!! Today it was $2.25 people...$2.25! I just can't get over it. Unless you haven't figured it out yet...I'll be reporting on gas, landscape and city character during my trip. Oh, and the food I eat. LOL. Yesterday I ate at this place called Brauns that's supposed to have amazing ice-cream and burgers. Nope to both. Yuck. The ice-cream was so grainy I actually threw it away! Ok, I ate half and then threw the rest away.

Have a great night! I'm off to Little Rock, Arkansas tomorrow. Here's my face!
XO
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...