Friday, October 26, 2018

RT - Day 12 (Oklahoma to Arkansas)

This morning I said goodbye to new travelling nurse friend, Jackie. She will stay two more months in OKC, then home to Alabama for a month before they move to Hawaii for the next few years! I can't believe she's 47! She looks great. Bye Jacks!!!


I really enjoyed my drive on I-40 from Oklahoma to Arkansas. The split freeway was lined with a full, mature forest of season-changing trees. It didn't even feel like I was on a freeway at all. It felt like a county road...a really big county road. There's something about being separated from oncoming traffic that is disarming and makes a long drive more relaxing. Still on alert, of course, but not so intense.

I-40 - A large grass median, usually I couldn't see the other side.
Mature, changing trees rolling the hills.
What I didn't notice until I left Oklahoma...there were no homes! I couldn't see any anyway. Even with the little gas station towns I passed there weren't many visible homes, or lakes actually. Once I crossed into Arkansas it was BOOM, houses and ponds all over the place! Same beautiful and large trees ALL OVER!

Hello Arkansas!
So far, driving through Arkansas has been my favorite. I loved driving in Salt Lake City because of the gorgeous parks and charm, but the before and after lacked in trees...and if you can't tell by now...I love trees! LOL. If I have to spend my time in the car, I'd like to be looking at something pretty.

I was also greeted to Arkansas by the presence of a poor, dead armadillo...Arkansas road kill. I have never seen an armadillo so I stared at it as long as I could in passing...gross. But they are so interesting looking. I'm looking one up right now......hold please...….

Here it is...yup...that's what I saw...

I'm going to go check out Little Rock and see if there's anything I'd like to do on this Friday night.

Bye ya!
Kel



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...