Friday, October 19, 2018

RT - Day 5 (Grand Junction, CO to Denver, CO)

Okay listen...before I talk about my day, let me just go back to last night to Grand Junction and the beer that was warm in my belly. I drank that beer at a pizza and bar place in town that also served cookies and spider gummies in their cocktails. That's no the point though. The point is...I need a boyfriend. I need a man! Bad! The bartender was a STUD...a ginger STUD at that. He was like 40, single, owned a few bars in Cali and just moved (3 weeks ago) to sleepy, but beautiful GJ. If I were not rolling through town this is the type of man I would give my number to. Not like he asked (even though he was saying all that flirty man stuff), but I would have anyway. He was delicious. However, I was driving back to my Airbnb...to my cold bed...alone...lol...and was like, "WTF Kelly! You can't judge the proper flirt scale with people you tip?! That's like paying for sex and actually believing that the person is into you! Hahaha! So anyway...I thought too much about someone I thought I sparked with for a hour and that just confirms...I need a man! When I come back, I'm expecting every single on of you readers to set me up on a blind date with an eligible bachelor. You wanna keep me in the state...send some Johns my way. ;) Just tell them I have all the right "bigs" (boobs, butt, humor, heart). Hahahahahaha!

Back to today.

What a difference a day makes? No...what a different a tree makes! It's like I stepped into an Ansel Adams photograph! Every few minutes I'd literally say out loud….to no one at all..."Hello! Are you seeing this? Who is seeing this? Oh my God!" I wish I had a better camera.



In all fairness to my iPhone though...these were taken from the passenger seat window...while I was driving... Parents - do not read this... My trick is, I see a view coming up, say my out loud words to no one, roll up the driver's window, roll down the passenger's window, move to the "slow" lane, lock my phone sideways in a death grip between my hand and fingers (which are really, freakishly strong for some reason), then make sure there aren't cars around, lean WAAAAYYY over to my right and take five pictures really fast so as not to get the car window in the frame. Hello?!?!?!?! If I had a real camera and was like, standing on the ground, I could be a professional! :-)

Speaking of driving - and I can't believe I'm about to put this in writing - everyone drives so fast here!! LOL!!! I KNOW! I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT!!!! I'm usually the one who passes people going 70-75, but these crazies are going 85 and 90 just on their way to work! When the speed limit dropped to 65 in a few areas I felt relief in my shoulders. Then there was this totally adorable sign that kept popping up...

DON'T FORGET TO BUCKLE UP!
LOVE, MOM & DAD

No shit though, these Colorado peeps are speed demons!

Let's fast forward to something sweeter...Mother Nature. Wow...I mean it. My drive was so breathtaking today. All around me the mountains were colors of red and browns with yellow and green trees lining the river and these little nugget-like towns. To put it poetically, it was like Mother Nature decided upon this gorgeous landscape and the mountains all got together and decided they would share the space with us. They would open up just enough room to allow these little, sleepy towns to spring up along the Colorado River for peaceful living and views that remain unchallenged. It was my privilege to experience this part of our country's landscape.




I took those while driving too. ;) Eek!

Today wrapped up perfectly. I was able to have a quick hug and hello with an old family friend (who I'll see again on Sunday), and then up to the outskirts of Boulder to meet and stay with another family friend, Joy. I'll be here for the next 3-4 nights. I love Joy. She is 90 and still a spitfire! Plus, we both like cards and we both like puzzles (lol) so we're going to get a long just perfectly. And there's a hot tub that overlooks the freakin' Rocky Mountains!!! I'll take that picture tomorrow. Standing outside...not driving. And of the mountains...not me in the hot tub. ;)

Love you all!
Kel


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...