Sunday, November 4, 2018

RT - Day 21 (Arkansas to Texas)

It has been three weeks y'all!

Today I drove from Hot Springs, Arkansas to Waco, Texas. It was another lovely drive.

Goodbye Arkansas!

Passing into Texas I noticed a few things. They have their signal lights horizontal. Hmm. They also have star and little Texas shapes on the columns of their overpasses. I was surprised at how many Texas symbols are all over this state! They've got Texas pride for sure.

Hello Texas...and your cute little pictures.
Wait? They're water in Texas? Huh? A lake to get to Dallas?
It looks like Florida around here!
The most incredible thing about Texas so far...THE TRAFFIC!! OMG! And they have this road that runs on either side of the freeway with all these passes on and off and under the overpasses. There are U-Turn only lanes under the overpass, and Left Turn only lanes that are confusing as hell! It's like you're sure where you want to go, but have no idea how to actually get there! All these one way streets. It's so hard to just turn around quickly and get back on tract. I won't miss the Texas roads for sure!

Once through Dallas I headed off to my place for the night. It was listed as Old Century Comfort with a picture of a tidy room and large bed. Holy freakin' moly...aside from my tidy room the rest of the place is like walking into an episode of Hoarders! I'm just hiding out in the back room. This place looks like a house that was bought in 1890 as a fixer-upper and they've been trying to fix it up ever since. Nothing is done and everything is exposed! Stacks of crap all over the place. I feel like I shouldn't be looking at it. Like I'm invading their privacy. Image your junk drawer on display for your company.

The bed is comfy anyway. I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow I go to Magnolia Farms to see Chip and Joanna Gaines' store. I'm looking forward to getting my fangirl on. :-)

Goodnight from Texas!
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...