Monday, November 5, 2018

RT - Day 22 (Waco and Austin - aka Magnolia and Cousin)

No way!!! Who watches Fixer Upper? Chip and Joanna Gaines have built an EMPIRE! They built a compound and if they were a cult they would have millions of followers...me included...and I'm not even artsy or skilled enough to access a decorative bone in my body.

Erica...you need to see this! Here are some pics and a video. The place just kept going and going and going! Every time I turned a corner there was more stuff. This is like Disneyland for the HDTV fans. Forget Mickey...they have shiplap and hip food trucks. :-)

The Silo Bakery...line around the corner. I waited about 25 minutes to get inside.
Good thing it wasn't raining!
Inside the bakery...obviously. LOL
The cupcakes...YES! I got a Pumpkin Spice Seasonal Cupcake and it was delicious.
A place to sit outside and eat said delicious cupcake while looking at the store and people watching.
Trying to keep the birds away from your table.
 
Second floor of inside the store. Funny thing is, they had A LOT of the same things,
just in different places throughout the store. I think that's genius!
The infamous Magnolia Silos. Great place for a concert or wedding.
Sitting under the Silo awning. The fake grass had beanbag chairs for people, a bunch of balls for the kids.
Straight back is more seating, then the line of gourmet food trucks curving to the right.
To the right more seating, more shrubs and shiplap, two gorgeous wooden porch swings.
Also restrooms, more picturesque pots and food trucks.
Just when I thought it was over I happened to turn around and see this beautifully manicured garden with flowers and vegetables and all done in the Gaines' style. Totally outdoor chic. Beautiful

And then I drove to Austin, through more terrible Texas traffic and got to spend some time with my cousin, Nic. We jive and conversation is so easy. I am so glad for our time to connect.

Although...he did get a new puppy and I was on pee and poop duty during the day by default. Note to self...do not get a puppy. Cats are better. LOL

Explore Austin tomorrow if my knee feels better. FYI - I was squatting and shifting too much with the whole pee and poop thing and I twisted my damn knee. I'M OLD!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!

XO,
Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...