Wednesday, November 7, 2018

RT - Day 24 (Austin to Lubbock)

Bye Austin! Thanks for the humidity!

So my knee had hurt all morning. Getting in and out of the car sucked! I finally broke down and started on the Ibuprofen. After an hour I could finally forget about the pain and enjoy the rest of the drive.





The drive was pretty boring, as you can see. A lot of wind mills and fracking machines.

Once I got to my Airbnb I could finally put my knee up and relax with a movie after a long day. The bed was soooo comfy! When I started talking to the owner our conversation took a really weird turn...

She is studying to become an RN, but is already some kind of nurse and working in a hospital. Anyway, she talked about 10 minutes on the subject of all the children ghosts that roam the basement halls of the hospital. Apparently, these children run up and down the halls loudly and the patients will call her into their room (not knowing the floor below them used to be the children's ward long ago) and ask her to tell the children to be quiet and stop running in the halls. That's creepy!! Then she goes downstairs and talks to the ghost children to tell them to settle down and all is well again. While I completely appreciate the possibility of spirits and energy realms we cannot see in this physical world, it was a bit of a heavy conversation for a meet and greet. I didn't put that in the Airbnb review though. She was still nice, albeit, a forward conversationalist.

Going to sleep in this comfy bed now. YES! Sleep!
~ Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...