Saturday, November 10, 2018

RT - Day 27 (Santa Fe to Las Vegas)

You guys...I woke up and said "I think I'm ready to go home now". I packed, got dressed, planned a full day of activities in Santa Fe and drove to get started with a backup plan of leaving if I wanted. It took forever to find a place to eat because I just can't stand paying for parking to get a decent breakfast. I think they should have 1 hour or less spots. That way spots continue to open up throughout the day. I digress...

I went to breakfast (OMG...another amazing breakfast!) at Dolina Café & Bakery. This croissant breakfast sandwich was the most delicious breakfast sandwich ever! Aside from the freshly baked croissant and fluffy eggs, they put on a layer of this Mexican cheese that made everything melt together. Add bacon and a huge serving of avocado and sprouts...dang...it was work the drive around the city to find this place. My waitress was the sweetest and the entire restaurant was small, but had family style seating so the atmosphere was friendly. One man even brought in his art. Apparently he was a regular. I totally get why. I would be too!

Oh yea...and the spiced hot chocolate was so divine!
Then I went to the Meow Wolf museum and sat in the parking lot (free - LOL) and looked at the long line of people waiting. Nope...I'm going home. The reviews said this place was an amazing, interactive art experience, but I'd rather do something like that with someone I can talk to. I'm a talker y'all. You know that. :-) So...I left and drove back to the Airbnb to say goodbye to J and get the rest of my stuff. J was so sweet and gave me a refund for that night.

I was on the road by 11:00am and put the pedal to the metal.

Bye bye New Mexico!




Thank goodness for car display signals. I pulled over to check my oil and I was OUT of oil! It took a full two quarts. Oops.

Hello Arizona!

It was a lot of the same landscape, but the first place I saw signs for Indian reservations and stuff.

Indian City welcomes me!
 

And a lot of this.....emptiness.

Another display of Indian stuff. It was kinda weird and felt SUPER touristy and out of place.

I drove for 9 hours before finally getting into Nevada. The sunset was beautiful and the roads were clear. I hadn't made it to Las Vegas just yet, but I was nearing.
 


Then to my hotel. A whooping $175!!!!!!!!!!! Geeeezzzzzz! I was used to an average of $35/night with Airbnb. FYI - Vegas was SOLD OUT and I drove an extra 60 miles just to find a hotel. The hotel was overbooked and I got there in time to get a room. They overbooked by 40 rooms! I felt so bad for the Front Desk Agent who had to turn away tired travelers at midnight.

As for me, I grabbed some food, ate in silence in my room, then went downstairs to go sit in the hot tub with the cool breeze around me. It was a perfect way to end a very long day. I can't believe I woke up in Santa Fe this morning and am going to sleep in Las Vegas.

Tomorrow is another long drive, but then I'll be home. I'm ready to be home.

Night!
Kel








No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...