Sunday, November 11, 2018

RT - Day 28 (Nevada to California)

Today I made the final trek home!

I slept sooo good last night at the hotel! OMG...that bed was incredible! The room was cleaned to perfection and worth the $175. It felt like a special treat. And another amazing breakfast in the hotel. I miss home cooked meals and this breakfast felt close to one. I had a cheese omelet, some cranberry juice and like 7 sausage links! hahaha! I milked that breakfast for every penny of the $175.

Then it was all Nevada, all the way to Reno. I was surrounded by mountains, but not a lot of life. People and towns were very sparse and the drive itself was like going in and out of "fight or flight" mode because of the one lane highway. Every time I wanted to pass a truck or a slow car I'd have to play chicken with the oncoming cars. I'd see my opening, switch lanes, and put my foot into the floor and be going 90mph real quick. My heart raced with adrenaline every time and then calmed down when I was back on the correct side of the road. It was an exhausting day for that reason.

Here are some pics of my drive...just keep scrolling. :-)




FYI - This is a Nevada "forest" I suppose. There were NO TREES on this leg. And those cacti looked barely taller than me. And I'm only 5'2". Okay...maybe there were some 6' in there, but that's it.

SALT! Just this little spring of salt!

WATER! Just this little (okay gigantic lake) water in the midst of a desolate drive.
Of course though...no trees or shrubbery around the lake. Or boats...no boats or evidence of people. So weird!
Goodbye Nevada...Hello California! I have finally made it all the way up through Nevada and am approaching the NV/CA line. I'm am totally not kidding you with this picture below. Seriously, I'm like one or two miles form the NV/CA border and this is seriously the view! Nothing in Nevada to trees and greenery in California. It was the weirdest thing!

Nevada on the right - California on the left

Hello!!!! This is beautiful California! I missed this. Donner Lake is such a beautiful lake.

More gorgeous driving in CA, but there is a lot of smoke in the air. I'm on I-80 and getting close to the Alta and Colfax area.

The backroads to my parent's house. One of my favorite drives.

The sun was orange...I'm nearly home.

Hey...that driveway looks familiar!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! A bed of my own!!!! The most beautiful of beds I've seen in a while. And I get to unpack!
The drive was long, but I got home at 4:00pm to see my Mom, Dad and baby Morgan. We kissed and hugged and about 10 minutes later jumped in my parent's car to drive to Erica and Sean's for dinner.

Hello Family! I love you and missed you!

Look at that sweet little face. :-) Who doesn't want to come home to that?
We just got back from Erica and Sean's and I am sooo exhausted. I can't wait to crawl into a familiar bed and wake up to a familiar home.

What a trip! Holy moly...what a trip!
XO,
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...