Wednesday, October 7, 2020

TikTok Gave Me My Life Back! Am I Too Late in the Game to Comment on 2020?

Hey there Reader!

It's so good to see you again. Or, if you're here for the first time...welcome!

It has been a minute (okay, a really long minute) since I've written anything. The last two years seemed to have swept by. I'm going to skip all that time, however, and jump right into the now. The present. The only moment we really have.

For real? That's the first thing I have to say about 2020. I'm sure I could hashtag something here about Rona and the election and blah blah. I won't. 

TikTok gave me my life back! That's the second thing I have to say about 2020. I avoided TikTok like the Rona for the first few months of quarantine and then BAM, I'm sucked it. Little did I know the path I had just stepped on. 

(Photo from a card deck of The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz)

Once I watched my fill of cat videos, shirtless men dancing, and cleaning tips I'd never use, I stumbled into Gratitude TikTok, Start a Side Hustle TikTok, Book TikTok, and finally, Manifestation TikTok. Through all that I was inspired to read a book about the Law of Attraction. 

First, I read Ask and It Is Given by Ester and Jerry Hicks. OMG!!! Read this! Second, I found an affirmation that changed my everything. "I bring forward the best, highest, most loving, people, events and circumstances into my life". I repeat this every morning and night. 

The short and sweet combination of these two tools has been this: I am a writer. I have always been a writer. I'm finally ready to step into my heart and my future at full speed. I have ample loads of gratitude for what was, what is and excitement for what's to come. My spirit is literally buzzing with positive energy.

I've decided to make my main focus of the now moment: learning. I stopped watching TV during the week and have replaced it with books, YouTube, podcasts and more. I started out with some ASL (American Sign Language). I decided to learn how to use the Cricut machine for crafts. I took a health class to support my body. I also watched the entire season of The Home Edit on Netflix in one day and rearranged and organized my entire 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo. 

TikTok has been by my side throughout it all. If I'm feeling low, I go to TikTok. If I'm feeling energized for a new workout routine: TikTok. If I'm feeling inspired to start a side hustle: you got it...TikTok. 

This simple app took me from stuck in a rut to ants in my pants. I've never been happier to have ants in my pants! 

So as I dance with these ants, I hope you stick around for my moves. Right now I'm moving to Medium. I'm going to start writing and publishing on this incredible platform that promotes integrity and quality content. I may need to turn down my sass and restrain myself from my beloved (and always well placed) profanity, but I'll still be me. 

Still speaking my truth. Still keeping it honest. Still hopeful and spreading the love.

Thank you for being here! Come follow me on Medium!

XO

~ Kelly Neuer (@kellynicole81)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Heroine’s Journey

I put lipstick on this morning.  I get in my car, buckled my seatbelt, and apply a pretty shade of Perfectly Pink in preparation for an eigh...